CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 4, 2008

He's finally here!

Ok I know I've put a ton of pictures on, but believe it or not this is only a small portion of what we took! I'm just so excited to have him finally here. It's amazing what a new addition can do to change your family. It's still so weird to have Jake and I both holding a baby when we're watching tv! Pictures just don't do enough justice! He really is such a cute baby with a ton of hair. He was born on December 1st at 3:48 PM. He weighed 7 lbs 9 oz. When he came out he was grunting a little so they thought there was something wrong with his lungs. Everything ended up being ok, but they decided he was probably about 2 weeks early! The doctor started me early because I had protein in my urine, but he thought he was only starting me 5 days early. Everything ended up being ok, but it was still hard having him in the nursery for so long the first day!

Addi really just adores him. Knock on wood that things don't change but so far she just adores him. She always says "That boy is so cute!" She really loves him!

Thanks to my mom, Jake's family, and my sisters for coming to visit. Jake was thinking I was pretty crazy because I was feeling so bad that none of my family was going to be there, but just having my mom there made me feel better, I know I'm such a mommas girl. Thanks especially to Lacey for driving clear to Cedar with Janie and the twins to just see me for like five minutes. I really appreciated having her there!


Jake thinks having a boy is the coolest thing!














Right after he was born. His eyes are so huge when they're open, which isn't very often. I have to beg him to wake up and eat!















I just put this picture on so you could see this cute shirt Addi was wearing. It said I'm the big sister! She was so proud.








What a cute baby! We love finally having him here, even if he kept me up all night last night. We got to get those days and nights figured out soon!








13 comments:

Tiffy Ann said...

CONGRATS!!!! He so looks like a Johnson. He is so cute. Hopefully I will be able to see you soon and the new little one. I hope that you get some sleep. Take it easy and enjoy it all.

Tiffy Ann said...

Oh, what did you name him?

Jenna Marie said...

Thats awesome, Congradulations! Have you not picked a name out yet? Good luck with him!

Casie said...

Congratulations you two! Boys are so fun and I'm glad Jake is excited to have his boy. I hope you are recovering well and I was wondering what you named him also?

Keith and Shasta said...

Congrats Ash! He is so cute! I can't wait to meet him. Post lots and lots of pictures because I want to see more of him. Hopefully we will be able to cross paths in Delta soon! He is darling and I love his name!

hannah said...

CONGRATS JAKE & ASHLEY!!! He is SO adorable! What a sweet little face!! You have such a cute little family. Addi sounds like such a sweet big sister. :)

Jenny Kay said...

congrats...that is so much fun! He looks just like a johnson!

Kara said...

Congratulations Ashley and Jake on your new addition.He is adorable.

Nate and Britney said...

Oh he is so adorable!! Congratulations on your new addition. Can't wait to see him. Hope your feeling well.

Aimee said...

He really is a doll Ash! I loved the picture you sent me the day he was born, well it was probably Jake that sent it from your phone. ha ha. I bet you were too tired to be doing that kind of stuff. Jet is such a cutie though & Addi is so cute with him. You guys have such a cute little family!

Unknown said...

He is such a cutie! I was trying to compare the pictures to see if him and Jacen look anything alike, and I don't think they do at all lol. I guess we'll have to see in person but Jet is such an adorable baby! With him and Jacen I know I've never seen such cute babies! Can't wait to see you after Christmas! Love you!

Unknown said...

I don;t know why my computer thinks I'm your mom lol! This is really Denielle not Julie lol

Alison said...

Ashley, congratulations!! He is such a darling little boy!!